your Guide in the treatment of natural herbs
Modern medicine makes use of many plant-derived compounds as the basis for evidence-based pharmaceutical drugs.
Herbalism is the study of botany and use of plants intended for medicinal purposes or for supplementing a diet. Plants have been the basis for medical treatments through much of human history, and such traditional medicine is still widely practiced today. Modern medicine recognizes herbalism as a form of alternative medicine, as the practice of herbalism is not strictly based on evidence gathered using the scientific method.
Although phytotherapy may apply modern standards of effectiveness testing to herbs and medicines derived from natural sources, few high-quality clinical trials and standards for purity or dosage exist. The scope of herbal medicine is sometimes extended to include fungal and bee products, as well as minerals.
Sites for treatments
These public web sites offer interesting ideas.
General information about natural home remedies and medicinal herbs.
- My Home Remedies: Get great idea about remedying different discomforts at home. Recipes, thoughts and remedies.
- WebMD: You can get some good home remedy ideas and tips from a trusted source in health information. Includes information on home remedies that might not actually work as promised.
- MedlinePlus: Find information about which home remedies work, and different idea about how to treat yourself. Good information from a trusted source.
- Mayo Clinic: This renowned clinic offers some articles and information on home remedies. Also, find out with home remedies don’t work.
- GrannyMed.com: A look at home remedies and natural cures for different ailments. Search feature helps you find what you are looking for with relative ease.
- Great Home Remedies: Keep up with the latest home remedies, and learn more about taking care of ailments at your own house.
- Health.com: This health site offers some home remedies, as well as critiques of some of the remedies that might not work as well.
- Health Panorama: A look at different aspects of health, including home remedies and other options for living a better life. Feel better and live healthier.
- Home Remedies: Get access to information about how you can heal yourself at home. Plenty of home remedy ideas and information on treatments that you can do at home.
- HealthyWomen: Articles and more about different home remedies can be found on this web site. They have been providing a full range of health and wellness information for more than 20 years.
- Home Remedy Queen: Ideas, advice and more about how you can cure simple ailments at home. Plenty of interesting remedies, and how to use them to best effect.
- In House Remedy: Home remedies and natural preparations for you to use to enhance your health.
- Barefoot Lass’s Home Remedy Page: A look at how you can cure common ailments using stuff that you have around the house. A great, practical resource.
- Home Remedies for You: Includes natural beauty tips as well as home remedies. Great ideas on natural health and beauty.
- Earth Clinic: Focuses on folk remedies that have been in use for centuries. Helpful hints on natural healing and remedies, and how natural healing can help you.
- Simple, Home Remedies: This online encyclopedia offers principles of natural health and a number of home remedies.
- NaturalCures.com: Find out more about natural cures, and what’s available to you. Alternative treatments to a number of common ailments.
- Living the Natural Path: A look at herbal remedies, as well as naturopathic medicine. Learn more about natural healing that you can do at home.
- Natural Therapy Web: Learn about natural healing and different practices that can help you at home.
- Naturopathy Online: Find out more about naturopathic medicine and what you can do to improve your health.
- Natural Remedies: Find out how you can use natural items to cure different ailments.
- ABC Homeopathy: Learn more about homeopathic medicine, and get ideas for how you can treat different ailments.
- Classical Homeopathy: Looks at natural health care and information about home remedies and other information.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: Learn about natural cures, as well as herbal therapy and things you can do at home to be healthier.
- TCM Basics: Understand the basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine and get ideas for what you can do at home.
- Natural Home Remedies: Get some ideas and more about organic remedies, and natural home remedies.
- Natural Home Remedies: Get help finding different natural home remedies.
- Rosemary’s Sampler: Learn about teas and herbs, and how they can help you.
- The Family Herbalist: Find out about growing herbs, and using them for different purposes.
- Herbal News Magazine: Stories, information and more about herbs and more. Interesting information on herbal curies and home remedies.
- Natural Herbs Guide: You can learn about natural herbs, and how they can be used in remedies, and for better health. Includes a section on Chinese herbs.
- Alternative Nature Online Herbal: A guide to herbs, how they are used, and remedies that help you live healthier, and cure ailments.
- Herbal Remedies: This helpful chart from Gardens Ablaze is a very useful resource. Find out about which herbs can help treat different conditions and diseases.
- The Medicine Hut: Learn about herbal remedies, and how you can improve your health with the help of herbs.
- Herbal Remedy: Information on herbal remedies, home herbal recipes, and more that can help you achieve better health naturally.
- Witchen Kitchen: This blog is meant to help the beginning herbalist. Get tips on herbal healing, growing your own herbs, and using them to best effect.
- HerbWorld Online: Learn how to grow herbs, as well as market your own herbs elsewhere and find tips from others.
- The Herbalist: Find out about herbs, mixing elixirs, and using herbs in your home remedy efforts. A great resource.
- Herbal Health Secrets: Head on over to learn more about herbal healing, as well as get tea recipes and more.
- Eat More Herbs: Learn about herbs and their healing properties. Also includes herbal tea remedies.