Beef burger with sweet potato chilli chips
Give hamburgers a healthy makeover by oven-cooking lean beef and serving with wholemeal bun and sweet potatoes
- Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
Saturated Fat 5
- 4 large, roundish sweet potatoes, cut into chunky chips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, plus a pinch
- 400g pack extra-lean beef mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 small wholemeal buns, halved
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, leaved separated
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced (optional)
- 4 pickles or gherkins, halved
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Toss the chips with the oil, 1 tsp chilli flakes and some seasoning.Arrange in a single layer on a large baking tray and cook for about 30 mins, turning halfway through.
- Put the mince, remaining chilli flakes, onion, Parmesan, tomato ketchup and lots of black pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Shape into 4 burgers. Ten mins before the chips are ready, put the burgers on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins until cooked through.
- Top one half of the buns with the lettuce, tomato and onion. Add the burgers, then top with the roll tops. Serve with chips and pickles on the side.